We are a group of passionate climbers and educators with the common goal of spreading our love for climbing with the younger generation. For us, rock climbing is not simply a sport that strengthens us physically but a lifestyle that develops us intellectually and socially.
Rock climbing is a great sport to build and maintain both fitness and mental strength. Some benefits include:
1. Improving flexibilty
2. Inculcating values on safety and responsibility
3. Developing stronger character
4. Improving physical fitness
5. Productive channelling of youthful energy
6. Burns calories
7. Improving sense of balance and coordination
8. Enhances physical focus
9. Instilling fun in sports
These benefits of rock climbing are further amplified by our well-trained instructors who not only have the passion for the sport but also the patience and skills in handling kids while ensuring safety. With the well-maintained and checked equipment specially catered for kids, parents can have more confidence in allowing their kids to reach for greater heights!
The Rock School is Singapore’s first climbing centre designed, constructed and dedicated to kids of ages 4 to 14 years old. We aim to promote the sport of Rock Climbing in a fun and safe environment.
Besides training kids to rock climb in a safe and fun environment, educational elements are also included in activities and programmes. In addition, time for family bonding is a significant part of The Rock School focus.
Why The Rock School?
The Rock School sounds both fun and serious at the same time. And that is exactly what we aim to do: To bring fun and laughter to the kids and families that join us at our rock gym with our educational climbing programmes.
Our name also encompasses our attitude and the hard work we put into developing all The Rock School’s programmes and activities. Our motto is, “Work hard, play hard”!
Our Instructors & Coaches
Our instructors and coaches are a group of passionate climbers and educators with the common goal of spreading our love for climbing with the younger generation. More importantly, we love learning and interacting with kids!
In addition, we require and ensure that all our instructors are qualified, holding at least one or more of up-to-date relevant certification as follows:
1) Singapore Mountaineering Federation Sports / Rock Climbing Level 1;
2) Singapore Mountaineering Federation Sports / Rock Climbing Level 2;
3) Singapore Mountaineering Federation Sports / Rock Climbing Supervisor
4) Singapore Mountaineering Federation Sports / Rock Climbing Instructor CAT I/II.
1) Standard First Aid certification from training providers accredited by National First Aid Council (NFAC);
2) Other relevant First Aid Qualifications.
When Can You Join Us?
Anytime! We have a wide range of programmes for kids aged 4 to 14 as well as for their parents. Check them out here!